Welcome to the Corporate Finance Research Group at the University of Bristol! Our group is dedicated to exploring cutting-edge research topics in corporate finance and disseminating our findings through seminars and other events.
Our research seminars are an integral part of the group’s activities, and we are excited to announce the upcoming series of seminars for the academic year. Our seminar series features renowned scholars and practitioners from around the world, who will be presenting their latest research on various aspects of corporate finance.
Topics covered in the seminar series include but are not limited to:
- Corporate governance and executive compensation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital structure and financial decision making
- Financial reporting and disclosure
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- Behavioural finance
Faculty and research students are all encouraged to attend the seminars, participate, and meet speakers following the instructions sent weekly by our Business School Research Team.
We hope that you enjoy.
Teaching block two
- 16/03/2023 – Chi-Yang Tsou, Alliance Manchester Business School
- 20/04/2023- Hyunseub Kim, Chicago Federal Reserve (Online)
- 27/04/2023 – Danny McGowan, Birmingham University Business School
- 04/05/2023 – Nickolay Gantchev, Warwick Business School
- 11/05/2023 – Ning Gao, Alliance Manchester Business School
- 30/05/2023 – Jiekun Huang, University of Illinois, Urban-Campaign